I think I’ve accidentally made a sensual video for Sunday’s film journal entry? I recorded myself waking up, rolling my wrists, and then proceeding with crawling my fingers over my partner’s shoulder. The backlight from the window drew my eye and I wanted to capture it (plus avoid grainy, noisy footage.)
film journal Observations
On the Canon EOS R5
- MF peaking settings are not available when zebra settings are enabled
- I can go around these limitations by using the SmallHD 502 Bright.
- There is a custom setting that changes the RF lens MF Focus ring sensitivity. By default it’s set to Varies with rotation speed, I changed mine to Linked to rotation degree. The latter option provides me with a more manual-like tactile feel.
On the Canon RF 35mm F 1.8 IS
- The camera will go to the extremes to hunt for focus in low light conditions on the RF 35mm F1.8 IS. It jumps from its minimum focal distance, 0.17m (0.56ft / 6.7in), to infinity.
- The lens has a long throw when it comes to manual focusing.
- Bokeh is delicious.